Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Shakespeare

     In our Language Arts class we are reading Romeo and Juliet; the author, well known, is Shakespeare. When I was doing research on Shakespeare I read a lot of how Shakespeare had done things that were almost business like. One thing I read was about how Shakespeare bought a gatehouse property and was said never have lived in it. This tells me he was waiting for the property cost to go up and sell it for a profit or Shakespeare was loaning out the gatehouse to customers. This is a risk and an business man thing to do. He must have known what he was doing because he sold it years later when the city got bigger.

     One other curious thing Shakespeare did was buying stock in a business that he was a high ranking officer in. Stocks are also a thing that buisness men do to help make more money, along with investing in their own company. These actions started to get me thinking on why Shakespeare wrote and did what he did. Did Shakespeare want to be rich instead of being known as a great play writer? Did Shakespeare really do any plays or did he just buy them in business deals? Or was Shakespeare just an overall intelligent person?

     In my opinion I think Shakespeare was more of a business man than a play writer. This is what I think Shakespeare wanted to really do. You might say that Shakespeare was a great writer and if he wanted to be a business writer he should have gone to business school. I learned from my research that all boys his age went to grammar school and other writing schools for education. Shakespeare being a smart business man would have known that he should use what he's skilled at to earn money and then from that job invest it into stocks and property. An according to a chronological timeline this is what Shakespeare did. Shakespeare became known then he started to use his wealth to help invest in business.

     One more thing before I finish my blog is about the "Lost Years of Shakespeare." These 2-4 years of  Shakespeare's life could of been spent doing anything; glove making, apprenticeship, or business school. This is a bit of a stretch but I think this could of been where Shakespeare learned his knowledge of making money and stocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment