Sunday, October 6, 2013

Start of The Lost Hero

     I am starting a new series and I have chosen the Heroes of Olympus series. The first book in the series is; The Lost Hero. This book so far is about the main characters of Jason, Piper, and Leo who are close to mirroring the main characters in the Percy Jackson series. I have read all the Percy Jackson books and enjoyed the Gods and how the story focused on the demigods fighting with the Gods. This story begins with a similar problem, the Gods are having problems again and the demigods have to do something to save them.

     So far this story has been all about these three characters going through a mystical creature and learning that they are sons and daughters of the Gods. In the fight Jason, who is uncannily similar to Percy fights off the beast and saves everyone. Then people from the Percy Jackson series show up, one being Annabeth who thought she was going to find her boyfriend there, Percy. The group gets hauled over to Camp Half-blood which is in a little chaos of itself from a dragon running rampant.

     This book has been so far the same mirrored story as the Lightening Thief. I like how Riordan is trying to make his stories connect but he is writing and reusing the same plot line and story. This makes me a little mad because I want something fresh from the Roman side of the story. I almost feel like I am reading the same story again and I don't like that, especially because I have seen other authors make this transition. I hope the more I get into the book that the story strays a little bit more away from the Jackson  series.

No comments:

Post a Comment