Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Review of The Son Of Neptune

      Over the weekend I virtually had nothing to do on Monday because all my friends were out of town and I was alone in my house with nothing but an Xbox 360, pool table, ping-pong table, T.V, Ipod, Bikes, etc. So I decided I would read The Son Of Neptune which turned out to be an addiction. I got so hooked I read for 7 hours the whole entire book which took up most of my day. I was so happy to be reunited with Percy and his thoughts I couldn't put the book down. I loved the book so much I had to finish the 510 page book in one day. This is why you won't see any other post about this book.

     This book starts you off just like Jason was in the beginning of The Lost Hero. Percy is running away from monsters with zero memory of his past life an not understanding his abilities and position. I think this was a great similarity for Riordan to make because you can see that Percy and Jason are in the same position trying to get the same job done to hopefully save the world. This book was better because it referenced back to Percy's past which I knew about and in The Lost Hero I didn't know much about Jason's past. When I would remember old characters and things Percy faced and he had know clue what or who they were I found humor and sadness which made me feel sympathetic towards Percy's position. I got to know Percy so well in his previous series that I felt like I got to relearn everything about him in a new book. This made me feel nostalgic and this created so much happiness that I couldn't stop reading, I wanted to know more about Percy and his adventures. I also learned a great deal about the Roman side of the Gods and the twin camp of Camp Half-blood. The Roman camp (Camp Jupiter) was very different from the Greek camp, more serious about war, stricter, and had favoritism towards other Gods that the Greeks' really hadn't considered important. This made me feel like I was learning about the Gods and series all over again.

     You might ask why do I like the series so much? I love this series so much because it is a Home-run in every category. I love history especially the Greeks which it has. I also love action and fight monsters that you don't see everyday and this books sure covers this all right. Another thing I enjoy which is weird is riddles and this book has prophecies that are composed of tons of riddles. I also love to read book that has some romance and awkwardness but not tons. One last thing that really makes this book the whole 9 yards is its charcters who have real, authentic personalities and cool powers like controlling water and shapeshifting. I would say this book is perfect to anyone who loves those things. I would put it higher that Divergent series by a long way, this is easily my most favorite series I have ever read and highly recommend it to anyone. Thats all for now, I am close to finishing the 3rd book and moving on to the 4th and by the way, they keep getting better. :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree. The book seems a lot more convenient to read, because I already read the Percy Jackson series and it is so good to come back into his perspective. I have been searching for the Mark of Athena for a while, but haven't had any luck.

    ReplyDelete