Sunday, October 13, 2013

Review of The Lost Hero


     The Lost Hero was so good I read the last 350 pages in 2 days. I think that this book is easily one of my favorites and should be rated high as well. I love history and the Greek Gods have always fascinated me. I love reading if I can find a book that satisfies my tastes of action and interesting backgrounds; then I will read that book as fast as I can. I strongly recommend this book to anyone who liked the Percy Jackson series and is interested in Greek and Roman Gods. 

     One thing I loved about the book overall is that it connects to the other world of Percy Jackson and the Greek side of the story. I loved the Jackson series and to have it all connected was a huge bonus because I wouldn't want to have to start all over again. I also think Riordan made a great transfer to Jason being the 'main character because he is so common to Percy that it feels almost like the same person. This book is also setting up for Percy to come back in the next book and that would be amazing if Riordan can make his beloved Percy come into this series also. I hope Riordan does make this connection into this series because I loved the other one and would love to see some of the book have Percy Jackson do some chapters and make it like old times. 

     Another thing I loved about this series is the uncanny similarities to the Jackson series. One thing I noticed is that Riordan use 3 characters and two of them are getting more serious about there relationship. This is exactly how Percy and his series was like. Another thing I noticed is how the leader of the group is always scared he can't succeed and doesn't want to be in power. I think not wanting power is a great leader quality because then the leader won't try to take it all when he is placed with power. I also noticed that they have an ability to really make the Gods mad at them and not create friends among them. Al though these similarities might seem small they make the reader still interested in the book because these are similar to the other series.

    Overall I would recommend this book to anyone who likes Gods or the Percy Jackson series. I don't recommend this book to anyone who hasn't read the Percy Jackson series.

5 comments:

  1. I am one of the books later in this series and they are some of my favorite books too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the Lost Hero series and the Percy Jackson series. I agreed that it is very similar to the Percy Jackson series. I already read the Son of Neptune and that book is better than the Lost Hero. I really what to read the Mark of Athena;however, I hadn't gotten a hold of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you really liked this book maybe I should start reading the series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you really put forth lots of effort in your blog posts. I'm glad you liked it and I think I'll start reading it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got the newest book in this series called the House Of Hades. I plan to start reading it tonight.

    ReplyDelete