Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Lost Hero

     I am so far 137 pages into my book and have been enjoying the book so far. This book brings back some memories from the 6th grade when I started and finished the Percy Jackson series because the plot line is the same. I like the plot similarities now because I feel like this is the same world more than I would have if it was different. In my previous blog I felt that Riordan was just copying and milking off his other successful series but now I realize that he is just trying to show you the same world in a different point of view.
    
     My favorite part of this book is how Riordan splits chapters by different points of view and I think that this is a great technique for helping the reader understand the characters better and the decisions they make which effect the overall plot. This technique is really mastered when he creates secret that you don't learn about a main character because you see the point of view from another person and this is fun and creative. This change in character perspective is sort of new to me, I have only read this once before and it makes the variety in books a lot more enjoyable.

     One thing that I hoped for was that a main character be a son or daughter of Zeus and one of the characters is (don't want to spoil anything). This fulfillment has made me one of the happiest readers I think a person can be towards a book. When I found out that he/she was a son or daughter of Zeus I was thinking of how obvious it was. I missed so many clues that it embarrassed me but I was still happy that it happened.

     My final point that I want to make is the absence of Percy has made me upset a lot over the book. I enjoyed having Percy's character in the book because he was exactly like Jason and could be a strong leader. I think though in the next book that Percy will come back and effect the book a lot.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment