Sunday, September 22, 2013

Halfway Through Insurgent

     So far I'm halfway through Insurgent and I have enjoyed the book. The author Roth has made Tris traumatized of holding a gun now, since she killed a good friend. This and her nightmares about the day of the attack has made Tris have erratic and unstable behavior. Tris has been pushed to the brink with thoughts of suicide and insanity. One thing has always kept her from turning though; her parents dying for her. When Tris threatens suicide she starts thinking and stops herself, "I lean forward, into the air, holding onto the window with one hand. Another few inches and my weight would pull me to the ground. I would not be able to stop it. But I can't do it. My parents lost their lives out of love for me. Losing mine for no good reason would be a terrible way to repay them for that sacrifice, no matter what I've done." This is in the thoughts of Tris who has a lot on her plate like most girls and is having problems with everyone. I think this moment will help Tris latter in the book because I feel she will have to shoot someone and will remember this to shoot the person.

     Tris and the people against the Erudite reign of Tyranny are creating a master plan using the divergent to help them achieve their goal. In the book it talks about the leader of the Factionless, Tobias's Mother is watching and marking the Divergent population. I have some predictions about the reason she is finding the Divergent. One of my predictions is that Tobias's Mother know that the Erudite will poison the  enemies and she wants to know how many people she has to fight against the serum. Another prediction is that she wants to know so she can turn in the Divergent for the other people's safety. I am not sure if I quite trust Tobias's Mother yet but I hope she turns out to be a person who wants to stop the Erudite. I think Tris needs all the support she can get from everyone because she is going through a rough time but she can fix it if more people rally under her.

6 comments:

  1. I have finished this book and it is Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this book when I read it. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard this is a really good book

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard this is a really good book

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read this book because everyone is saying it is a good book. Also I like how you describe part of what you read because you use very good diction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read this book and I think it's really good!

    ReplyDelete